Financial Stability Committee was established by the Decree Law no 637 Article 38 in the Official Gazette dated June 8th, 2011 no. 27958 that amends the Law on the Structures and Duties of the Undersecretariat of Treasury no. 4059 additional clause 4.
The Financial Stability Committee meets under the chairmanship of Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Financial Affairs responsible for the Undersecretariat of Treasury and is composed of the following members:
- The Undersecretary of Treasury
- The Governor of Central Bank of The Republic of Turkey
- The Chairman of Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency
- The Chairman of Capital Markets Board of Turkey
- The Chairman of Savings Deposit Insurance Fund
In the absence of the Minister, a committee member is appointed by the Minister and conducts the meeting.
In cases of Committee meetings on special topics, other Ministers and government executives might be invited by the Deputy Prime Minister.